Friday, July 1, 2011

A Spoonful Of Sugar

I hope you all like the songs by The Sherman Brothers because I have decided to do a very long tribute to them. It started the other day when I posted Me Ol Bam Boo when I decided I wanted to memorize the lyrics to all the songs. :) Okay we might not do every song they have ever written because that is a very long list. But we are going to make a dent into them. Let me know if you guys are sick of the Sherman Brothers songs and I'll see what I can do. I however think it is impossible to be tired of their songs. Not only do they make catchy, lovely, memorable songs that everyone on the planet knows whether they have ssen the movies or not they make songs so simple and fun. I love The Sherman Brothers! So here's to you Sherman Brothers!
This song they wrote after one of the brothers kids came up and told them how at school he had to take medicine but it was made better because they had him take a sugar cube on a spoon with it. That is when they got the idea of a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. Cool huh!? I know I am crazy for what I am about to do but hey! What else can a girl in love with these guys songs do? Bare with me please! Until tomorrow I am The Music Nerd.

A Spoonful Of Sugar by: Julie Andrews (Sherman Brothers)

No comments:

Post a Comment