Monday, May 2, 2011

Lux Aurumque

I was planning on posting a different song for the song of the day today. However, I discovered this song and its accompanying video and couldn't help but post it. This is the FIRST EVER Virtual Choir! Eric Whitacre received a video of a young girl singing this song and he fell in love with it. He decided to send out a youtube video asking people around the world to submit videos of them singing this song and he got a huge response. And so 185 Voices, 243 Tracks, and 12 countries comprise this song. It is so beautiful and moving that I had to post it. What an amazing way to create a choir. To imagine that each person can submit their best performance so that the song in the end is absolutely perfect! Please let me know what you think about the first virtual choir I would love to know!

Lux Aurumque by: Eric Whitacre

Until tomorrow I am the Music Nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment