Saturday, June 4, 2011

Colleen

Today's song I will say I got from my brother. He has introduced me to a lot of music throughout my life. This is one in particular that I rather like. Joanna Newsom has a very lovely voice and plays the harp beauitfully! There are not a lot of music out there where you hear a harp played so prominently. I also love how her lyrics are poetry/story put to music. It is just so interesting on so many levels. If you like this you should look up some of her other stuff. I hope you all like this song. Not everyone has the stomach for this music. I know my husband doesn't like it all that much. Although I am sure if I asked him now he would say he did like it. Anyway, enjoy! Until tomorrow I am The Music Nerd.
** The first vidoe may have the better sound other than just litening to the Grooveshark and the second video is one of her playing it. Enjoy!

Colleen by: Joanna Newsom





No comments:

Post a Comment